Tuesday, November 25, 2008

so many crafts, so little time

I overwhelm myself this weekend (must be a stressful week at work)...I buy so many things at the craft store and at barnes and noble that I can't possibly do them all...I will have to return the origami jewelry kit and the balloon making kit and maybe even the cat training kit.
I did buy glycerin in the solid form, which I use to make soap that turned out kinda neat, but not neat enough that I would buy it if I saw it in a store. They were pretty, in the shapes of muffins, and cinamonny, yet they do have proplene glycol in them (bad!) and are drying (I couldn't find any with more natural ingredients). I need to learn more about soapmaking before I find something I truly would want to use my own bod.
I also buy a knitting loom...all my attempts at knitting have been unsuccessful in the past. I would start something, but then screw up and couldn't figure out how to get back on the horse. But this loom looks really easy. So I buy one and start making a hat. I buy some really pretty yarn in a beautiful green, the color of my cat's eye's kinda green. I start that and it is truly easy. I figure this out on my own.

No comments: